Today I have the privileged position of relaxing on a bed in my sister's basement and listening to the sounds of her mothering waft through the floor. I hear the crying baby, the scraping chairs, the clattering feet, and the chattering toddler. Then I hear one strong musical voice along with two smaller wavering ones sing the lyrics of their little noon prayer:
For balmy sunshine, for nourishing rain, dear Lord for the goodness we thank Thee. For food and Thy care. Rich blessings we share. The fruit of thy love and we thank Thee. We thank Thee O God. Amen.
![]() |
| simg.nicepng.com |
This post is for the mothers. Those dear souls who spend days doing the jobs nobody else would sign up for. The tenacious people who find themselves at their wits end for wisdom and strength many times over, but continue on in the Name of Love.
Keep going my friends. Keep going. I have never been a mother, but I have been a teacher, and I see the absolute importance and irreplaceable value that a present Christian mother brings to her home and family. Blessings and keep your eyes up today. 🥰

Beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes.
ReplyDelete