Saturday 17 November 2012

Personality Is Just The Beginning

Hey Everyone!
          I felt like I had to share this with someone and I was thinking... thinking... thinking... and all of a sudden a burst of inspiration and I remembered the blog! I have never posted anything before so now that I am writing something, you can be sure it's important! :)
God loves you just the way you are, but he refuses to
 leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus!
 -Max Lucado
      WOW! God loves you even when you...
-blow some steam off at your siblings,
-leave a poor witness in Wal-Mart,
-take his forgiveness for granted,
-let the occasional swear word slip,
-down a few too many calories of cheesecake, BUT...
He REFUSES to leave you that way. You are way too important to him and he won't leave you sitting. There is hope for you if you are a constant worrier battling with many fears. God loves you even when you're scared but he loves seeing his child keep growing and putting their faith and trust in Him.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed,
 for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
 -Isaiah 41:10 NIV
       Let go of your old self. God made you with a unique and good personality but... don't get so wrapped up in the thought that you're unique that you let sinful things creep in and you think it's just your personality. For example: Your brother tackles you to the ground, you jump back up as quick as possible and scream at him for scaring you. "Leave me alone! I do NOT like wrestling!" So what if you don't like wrestling? Be a sport. Maybe it's not your thing but screaming should not be your thing either! (I know, it's hard when a brother takes you quite unaware and tackles you down.) 
      We have probably all met people that we are just blown away by and are like, "He is a mirror image of Jesus", or, "She is perfect, is she ever as bad as me?" Well the truth is, no one is perfect, but... strong Christians like that are willing to let Christ change them and work in their life. I want to leave this challenge and hope with you and don't give up because it's worth the fight!

~ Alyssa




No comments:

Post a Comment

He Sees...

Rain comes down in raging torrents Like the tears of God. Puddling on the ground in rivers Like His gentle love. Rushing to the sea in torre...