Tuesday 10 April 2012

My Tongue: A Powerful Weapon

Mocking shouts hurl through the air; a little girl's head bows,
Her school mates' laughter pierces deep and leaves a mesh of scars.
The tears drip down as her heart breaks, she keenly feels the hurt.
Her silent weeping touches none; they keep on flinging words.

She raises tear-stained eyes t'ward heaven, and through the rain of darts,
Her Jesus looks at her with love, then folds her in His arms.
He sadly turns to look at those who've thrown the poisonous slurs.
The grief and sadness in His eyes speaks more than any words.

His lips move in a silent prayer as the child's heart joins in too,
Oh Father, please forgive them, for they know not what they do.
The children turn and feel ashamed, they know the wrong they've done.
By mocking God's adopted child, they've also mocked His Son.

O Lord my God, forgive me when, I've mocked Your Holy Name,
By letting anger guide my mouth to words that kill and maim,
For gossip has a powerful tongue that quickly discards peace,
It breaks apart relationships and puts up walls between.

I pray that You would help me give, some love instead of hate,
And when insulted or let down, drop to my knees and pray.
A kindly word, forgiveness free, must be my tongue's career,
To keep the bond of peace aglow; let tension disappear!

                                                                 ~ Corrine Horst
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Sees...

Rain comes down in raging torrents Like the tears of God. Puddling on the ground in rivers Like His gentle love. Rushing to the sea in torre...