Friday 21 February 2014

The Hurts Enhance the Smiles

Life is a journey of bewildering curves that try our patience and get on our nerves. This line was written in a moment of frustration and perhaps with a hint of desperation. Yet, at the same time I've learned that such things really do serve to strengthen and change and completely challenge everything we believe.





















Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. ~ Psalm 119:67

Perhaps you're feeling a little sharpened today. Like you're going through a metamorphosis that seems to be revamping everything. You may be looking at the situation from a pit of darkness and depression but consider: If you're down deep, you'll be forced to look up at the Light. God's ways are perfect and when comes the end, the joy and the thankfulness will be worth it!!

Every dagger, every tear, every sad night that are part of you now will make you and shape you and God will only seem more gracious and loving.

Here's my heart for you:

I’ve lived through days filled with heartache and pain
And prayed to the Father to take them away
Then I heard Him whisper, “I’m always with you
I hold tomorrow, I’ll bring you through”


Yesterday’s trials give me strength for today
And they serve to remind me that He’ll make a way
The night-time is over and now I can see
That yesterday’s battles are today’s victory.


 If you are weary from the burdens you bear
So tired of struggling and getting’ nowhere
Give them to Jesus. He’ll stand in your place
When it is over, you’ll once again say.


~ by The Booth Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Why Don't We Go?

I've been tossing this question around in my heart for nearly a decade and recently it has gotten more poignant. Today I was reading a b...