Saturday 23 March 2013

Revive Us Again...

Every spring our church has revival meetings, every year people are challenged, and every year some people are afraid that they might discover a hidden sin and need to make that long, humiliating trek up to the altar. I'm not exempt from these feelings and have had enough of these experiences in times past to warrant the question that I've been pondering. Why do we fear revival? Why do we make excuses and skip out on something that's so important to our soul? Why do we let what other people think of us get in the way of our salvation, our Christian walk of life, and worst of all keep us silent when people are dying in sin?



Jesus Please Use Me...

Lord, there's so many souls that are lost in this world.
Why should I be silent as Satan's lies are unfurled?
Lord, I'm only a human, simply saved by Your grace,
I deserve the fires of hell, with my pride, my sin, deceit.

Oh God, I tremble at my heart's wrong desires,
I stumble and fall down, in selfishness mired.
In my heart I doubt Your mercy, strength to stand for You is gone,
On my own, I am but nothing, pure love comes from You alone.
 
But Jesus, if only one soul could be saved through me,
I pray that you would open me, fill me, and use me.
Lord cleanse me and heal me, just open my eyes,
Take out the sin-stains, reveal hidden lies.
 
Lord Jesus, I pray for the boldness to share,
To pray for lost sinners, spread word to prepare.
Lord, you are God, please take my hand.
I pledge my allegiance to my King, to the Lamb!

~ C.H.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Why Don't We Go?

I've been tossing this question around in my heart for nearly a decade and recently it has gotten more poignant. Today I was reading a b...