All I see is a canvas, splashed with guilt, sin, and shame.
On it's written, you're a sinner, in a scorning jagged hand.
The sheet is stained, the edges torn, my record's there for all to see.
I'm an outcast, hopeless prisoner, Satan smiles his evil glee.
But then Jesus starts arranging, and the blackened space removes,
Three long nails, a crown of thorns; his blood drops down into the grooves.
He looks at me and says it's finished, go my daughter, sin no more,
I smile in wonder, my heart is broken, Jesus my Saviour, my King, my Lord.
~ Corrine Horst
Yes, with just the common words in usage everywhere. You can capture incidents, beautiful and rare. In words you have a weapon, more mighty than a gun. Words can sway a multitude or stir the heart of one. - Excerpt from A Jingle of Words by Elizabeth Scott Stam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Place of Desperation
A little while ago, I was talking to a friend of mine and recalling the two weeks of intense pain I experienced back in the fall. As I told ...
-
I see them. They come to our classroom to visit and stand by their children's desks. Faithful fathers show up to bring devotions every T...
-
I lie there snuggled close in the toasty gray of our fuzzy bean bag. I am safe and warm, and I feel the smile of Someone watching close over...
-
It's been a week. I've been humbled and grateful by turn. What else is there to do but lift your hands to the sky when the rain come...
No comments:
Post a Comment