Sunday 12 February 2012

Pride...

I wish I had none, for it makes my eyes blind,
While selfishness, hatred, boil deep down inside.
I wish I were humble, sincerely content,
To honour my Creator, for which I was meant.
I wish it was easy to put others first,
And wait 'til they've finished to quench my own thirst.
I wish I could see what my Father sees,
How my cold, selfish, heart is a dreadful disease.
I wish that God's children could be perfect saints,
A light to the world without spots of shame.
How I wish we'd stand strong and gallantly fight,
In the battle of darkness against the true light.
How I wish living right could just be made easy,
So all Christians, nationwide, could claim instant victory.
This vision sounds hopeless, I thought so myself.
But what would happen if we'd forget ourselves?
Wouldn't the world be surprised if we'd all act like saints,
Allow Jesus to wash us, get rid of the stains.
Or maybe they'd simply believe we'd gone mad,
Our joy and our freedom they couldn't understand.
How I wish, Oh I wish, that the world could look on,
As God's chosen people took up the victory song.
Christ won the battle for us, many decades ago,
He only is worthy, in Him we must boast!
        
                                              ~ Corrine Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Why Don't We Go?

I've been tossing this question around in my heart for nearly a decade and recently it has gotten more poignant. Today I was reading a b...