Wednesday 26 June 2024

Jesus' Church

I watch the world and my heart breaks,
At all the things I see.
And I believe that Jesus Christ
Is equally displeased. 

He sees the people in the church
Who care for earthly things. 
The ones who live for selfish gains,
Ignoring heavenly things. 

They break His Name's amazing fame
And crush it into dust.
The world looks closely and reacts
In violent disgust

If that is Jesus, what's the point
Of giving up their lives,
To something that shows selfishness
And lies and sullen pride?

And Jesus weeps because His Church
Is torn, scratched, and marred.
Buckled into worldly things,
Poor and blindly scarred.

And then He looks at broken folks
Scattered o'er the globe.
Begging for someone to care
And help their anguished souls. 

He turns around to view His church
And feels a slight dismay,
For only some have turned their gaze
To fight in heaven's fray. 

If only more would hear the call
And march ahead with Him.
To see the people that still cry, 
"Christians bring us in!"

The Shepherd stands with arms outstretched,
Waiting for His Bride.
He gave his life to win us all.
We owe Him all our lives. 💗


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tombs, Shells, or the Real Deal?

Sometimes I sigh at the lack of passion for Christ I see these days, and other times I stumble upon people or events that bless and remind m...