Monday 11 March 2024

My Dream...

I wish that I could change the world
Into a better place. 
I want to rescue all the kids
Who're ruthlessly displaced. 

I want to hold them, stop their cry
Replace it with some love.
If I could only take them in
And build a home of love. 

I guess I'd build a cottage
At a place beside the sea, 
So they could see God's handiwork
And play out on the lea.

Oh, I would need some workmates though
Who'd help me change some diapers, 
And cooks and bakers who would take,
The time for little fingers. 

I'd also bring the homeless in
(Perhaps we'd need expansion.)
I guess I'd need a carpenter
With cash hid in his apron!

And then I'd bring a pianist,
To add some joyful noise.
Of course there'd be a doctor too,
To bandage careless boys. 

If that were done, I'd fetch the teens
Who stand behind Tim Hortons.
I'd bring them home and play some chess,
While listening to their problems. 

I guess we'd need some more adults
To help with adolescents.
It really is a tricky thing,
To navigate those changes. 

Oh yes, I'd bring a preacher too
Who'd get down on their level.
And help them see the God above 
Who loves them from His heaven. 

Perhaps we'd also add a wing
For dear old lonely ladies,
Who pet their cats and sit and stew,
Abandoned by their families.

To that, we'd add a room for plants
So they could have some flowers. 
The children could learn much from them
And cheer their lonesome hours. 

Oh wouldn't it be completely grand
If all these dreams were true?
You see it just might be the dream
Of One who rescued you. 

I think He'd like to bring the boys 
And girls from off the street.
I'm sure He'd care about the lost
Teens living in defeat. 

So shall we go and help Him make
His glorious dream come true?
Perhaps we should begin by prayer
And ask, "What shall I do?"

If we would all go down the street
With eyes and hearts edged wide.
I think we'd find a lot of folks
That we could bring inside. 

You take your mansion, I'll use mine.
And rather than one place,
We'll reach the people all around 
And help them find God's grace. 

I think He'd be quite pleased if we,
Would bring His children home.
He really doesn't like to leave
Them crying all alone. 

You are a child of God the King.
You have His highest favour
I know there's more who'd like to come
And let Him be their Saviour

Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40b












No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Why Don't We Go?

I've been tossing this question around in my heart for nearly a decade and recently it has gotten more poignant. Today I was reading a b...