Saturday 17 March 2018

Choose You This Day...

It is time to begin anew. To release this poor, prodigal, blog from its low dormant position to new heights of life and inspiration. As the contemplative writer of Ecclesiastes writes, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance. (3:1&4)

Recently I've been inspired by the ability and freedom our Creator has given us to make choices and  my ponderings have given way to this little blurb.


I am free. Free to choose. To decipher which way to take, which avenue to walk down, which road to take in life. I can choose my own way, another’s way, or the way of a Sovereign God. All these routes have consequences, all these ways serve a different god. I can choose to serve myself and live a comfortable life here on earth with nothing left to show at the end of it except the pleasure I experienced, or I can choose to serve God, give to others, endure hardship and receive an everlasting reward. The pull of my selfish flesh scares me. I realize how easy it would be to go my own way. To dismiss responsibility and self-discipline; to live merely for pleasure and self-gratification. The decision is real. "Choose you this day whom you will serve."


It amazes me at times how God has allowed us the freedom to choose. Even though He is fully aware of our humanity and knows we might choose wrongly He gives us this privilege. He knows that following His will and walking in fellowship with Him is the best route for us and will protect us from sin and the pain that comes with it. However, He gives us the choice. To me this proves how much God desires our allegiance and love. He would never force us to love Him yet He wants desperately for us to come to Him. So much so, that He sent His Son Jesus to repair the gap that our sin has left. He loves You my friend. More than You can imagine, more than You can comprehend.  Won't You say yes to Him? He's waiting with open arms.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Why Don't We Go?

I've been tossing this question around in my heart for nearly a decade and recently it has gotten more poignant. Today I was reading a b...